Organic Mix for Pizza
9.5 fl oz
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Anchovies in Spicy Sauce
Black Pitted Olives
1 small pinch
How to Make Italian Pizza step-by-step
- Pour all the flour mix in a large bowl together with the yeast and a small pinch of sugar to activate the yeast. Make a small hole in the center and gradually add the water, one cup at a time, in the hole. Mix well with a spoon.
- Continue mixing until everything comes together in a ball. Transfer the dough in a clean, flour-dusted surface. Knead in a rhythmic manner for 8-10 minutes. Work the dough with your hands, forming it into a ball, pressing it down and reshaping it. The dough is ready when it’s smooth and soft.
- Make a ball and transfer it in the same bowl you used before. Cover with plastic wrap and place a clean towel on it. Let it rise for at least an hour. The longer it sits, the softer and more digestible your Pizza will be.
- When the dough has doubled in size, it’s ready to be stretched down. Pre-heat the oven at 400-500 ° F. Divide the dough in two halves and transfer each of them in a baking tray covered with parchment paper and dusted with a bit of flour. Stretch the dough with your hands.
- Top the dough with Tomato Sauce, Oregano and a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the Fresh Mozzarella, the Anchovies and the Olives (or whatever you want to!) and bake for other 8-10 minutes… Buon Appetito!
Tips to make Italian Pizza like a pro
- The Molino Rossetto flour mix you find in your Pizza Box already contains salt, so do not add it again
- If loose flour is still sticking to the sides of your mixing bowl, the dough is not yet ready to be hand kneaded. Keep stirring it with a spoon until all the ingredients are combined. If you're having trouble moving the wooden spoon through the dough, your Italian Pizza is ready to be kneaded.
- When stretching Pizza dough, work it gently but quickly with the palm of your hands.
- If the Pizza dough is too hard, add a bit of water. If it’s too sticky, add a little bit of flour.
- Get to know full well how your oven works: it will help you to have perfectly cooked pizza.
- Since you're working with a floured surface, you may want to protect your clothes… use the beautiful EatTiamo apron you will find in your Box!