Ingredients for a 8 inches baking tray:
Egg yolk (around 5)
Lemon peels (yellow part)
Vanilla bean or vanilla flavoring
Crostata is the homemade dessert par excellence. Friable, greedy and tasty, this recipe is always loved by kids and adults thanks to the genuine and naturally sweet flavor of jam.
Recreating this recipe at home is easy because the secret of its success lies in the quality of the ingredients. Perfect throughout the entire day, crostata can be eaten from breakfast to dinner when slices can be enriched with an ice-cream scoop or some custard.
- Pour flour on a workbench and create a fountain, adding butter, egg yolks, salt, vanilla bean or vanilla flavoring and ½ lemon peels into it. Knead with your hands until you get a smooth dough.
- Once you have it, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place the dough between two pieces of parchment paper and roll it out by using a rolling pin
- Remove the piece of parchment paper placed on top, saving a small part of the Crostata dough to create the stripes.
- Put the dough into the baking tray and pour your favorite jam to which you will have added the lemon peels left.
- Take the remaining dough you have already rolled out and cut 8-10 stripes wide around 0.4-0.5” using a pastry cutter wheel or a knife.
- Place them on top of the crostata then bake it at 356 °F for 20-25 minutes, depending on the oven. Remove from the baking tray when lukewarm then cover it with icing sugar.