Orecchiette Pasta by Pastificio Marella
Homemade Tomato Sauce with Tuna by Perché ci Credo
Capers in sea salt by Tasting Sicily
Small red onion
How to prepare Orecchiette with Tomato Sauce with Tuna and Capers
- Bring to a boil a large pot of water.
- Wash well in hot water two tablespoons of Capers in sea salt by Tasting Sicily and let them soak in fresh water for 5/10 minutes
- Thinly slice the red onion and chop the fresh parsley.
- Pour two tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil into a pan. Add the sliced onion and cook on low flame until soft and gold.
- When the onion is soft, add the Tomato Sauce with Tuna sauce by Perchè ci credo and the well drained capers into the pan and stir well. Cook on low flame for five more minutes, then set aside.
- In the meantime, add a fistful of rock salt into the water and cook the Orecchiette Pasta from Marella following the packaging instructions.
- Drain the pasta al dente and toss it with the Tomato with Tuna sauce.
- Just before serving sprinkle with the chopped parsley and enjoy it.
Tips and trips for Perfect Orecchiette
Capers are a tasty and healthy way to give a savory touch to every creation. When using them for Pasta, be careful not to add too much salt to boiling water, or the result will be too salty!
It's also really suggested to wash and rinse carefully your Capers and then to leat them soak for at least 10 mins. By doing this, they will lose salt and enhance their unique flavor.
If you don't like Parsley, you can add finely chopped Black Olives - for a richer taste, or a few leaves of Fresh Mint for a fresh touch!